Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The first day of a new life

I sat across from the career coach as she said "So what can you do?" she sat and waited for me to answer.  I was at a loss, what can I do?  That was the million dollar question.  I sat dumbfounded and wondered how to explain that what I can do does not translate very well onto paper.   My vocation for the last 20 years off and on was sex.  How do you put that on a resume?   I was a classically trained courtesan, retired of course but now I wanted a career.  Something for me that excited me, something that would make me want to get up in the morning.

How to explain that?   Do I tell her?  "I know sex and anything pertaining to it in any way!" that I learned early how to make a man melt with a touch, a look, a whisper?  That I learned that a woman's hair is as sexy to a man as a blow job when used right.  That reading the paper every day even if I do not understand it helps me keep up with current events so there is always something to talk about.  The art of flirting and knowing when to use it, how to be sensual without seeming to.    How would the skills I have learned over the past help me with the future? 

She smiled and patted my hand and gave me a stack of paper, career test she called them.  "Designed to help you get a sense of direction and self" as she showed me to the door.  "Take a couple of these or go online and take a couple there and get a feel of what is out there.  When you are ready call me and set up an appointment and we can go from there"  I walked out, went to my car and sat thinking.  I am 45 years old with enough savings and a few stocks to live, my house is paid for what was I doing?  As I drove home I told myself I was about to find out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment